You like Mexican foods? Or you just want to feel like you’re in Mexico? Here’s a recipe for you!
All you need are these:
- 3⁄4 top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
- 1 -2 onion, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size
- 2 small sweet peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
For your toppings:
After gathering these ingredients, do the following steps:
- Slice steak into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
- Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.
Now, you are ready to enjoy your steak fajitas! J