This summer, our taste buds are yearning for a taste that would let us feel summer. This simple recipe would really satisfy and needs this summer.
Here are the ingredients that you’ll be needing:
- 15 oz. prepared salsa verde
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. Chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 salmon pieces (about 2 lb.)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, cut in half
After preparing the ingredients, follow this short simple steps:
- In a small mixing bowl combine salsa verde, cilantro, red onion, and avocados. Mix together and set aside.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Add oil to skillet; when oil is hot but not smoking add salmon skin-side down. Cook salmon 4 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat steps for remaining salmon.
- Serve salmon with a large spoonful of avocado salsa verde and a squeeze of lime.