Siomai is well-loved by people especially by Millennials. It is a great food for snack that will surely give them energy for the hectic schedules that they have. With that, parents or even young adults should learn how to make a delicious pork siomai.
To make 40 pieces of siomai, ll you need are these ingredients:
- 40 pcs. siomai wrappers
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup shrimps, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg
For making your sauce, you’ll be needing:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or kalamansi juice
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pc Thai Chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
After gathering the ingredients, here are the simple steps that you need to do:
- Mix all the ingredients for siomai in a bowl. (except for the wrappers)
- After mixing it, get one wrapper and put 1 tablespoon of mixed ingredients at the center. Gather up the edges of the wrapper. Press lightly as you pleat each side. Repeat procedure to wrap all the mixed ingredients.
- Steam for 25-30 minutes.
- While waiting, prepare the sauce. Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and sugar until sugar is dissolved. After, add Thai Chili and garlic.
- Remove the siomai from the steamer. Better serve your siomai hot with the sauce.