These dessert bars are very easy and quick to make. As you can see, I have 6 little hands helping me out with this project and they can’t resist it! I’ve let them do almost everything except operating the microwave. These bars are really good when paired with some tea or coffee to balance the sweetness. Feel free to share this recipe with your friends and don’t forget to post pictures of your output here in the comment section! So, here is the recipe for Chocolate Fudge Bars or Rocky Road Bars:
Chocolate Fudge Bars
Pan for setting
1 pack SEMI-SWEET Chocolate Chips
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Prepare a pan by putting parchment paper and let it hang over the sides.
2. Put your chocolate in the bowl and melt in the microwave. Start with 1 minute then check, if it is already melted, stop right there! but if it not then put it in for another 20 seconds until it is all melted evenly. (For chocolate chips, it should take less than 2 minutes. That is why I recommend using chocolate chips to decrease the possibility of burning the chocolate. If you will use bars, try to chop it or break it as small as you can before melting it.)
3. Pour in the condensed milk while the chocolate is hot. It is easier to combine them when the chocolate is still hot.
4. This next step is optional, melt the marshmallows in the microwave before combining it with the chocolate and milk mixture OR use mini marshmallows and just throw it into the mixture. I prefer to melt mine because I don’t like marshmallows.
5. Throw in the chopped nuts and fold it in the mixture. I used hazelnuts and almonds, feel free to try using other nuts just make sure they are plain and not flavored. (You don’t want garlic flavored nuts in your chocolate bars! lol)
6. Finally, spread the mixture into the prepared pan and chill for a couple of hours before cutting and serving.