Sweet potatoes are packed with important nutrients. They are great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, and also complex carbohydrates that helps the body for energy.
Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges
3 medium sweet potatoes
½ teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
1 ½ teaspoons garlic-flavored olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
- Peel sweet potatoes, then, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, then turn wedges for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut each lengthwise into quarters. Use a large bowl; coat with cooking spray. Combine all the dry ingredients and mix them together, then coat the sweet potatoes. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly browned; turn wedges over. Bake for additional 10 minutes or until cooked.
2 medium sweet potatoes (1 3/4 pound), scrubbed and dried
2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Meanwhile, cook sweet potatoes in a microwave on HIGH heat until crisp-tender when pierced with a knife, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle (15 minutes).
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 8 wedges. Transfer potatoes to a sheet pan; drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with paprika and pepper and toss to coat. Grill 3 minutes per side or until potatoes are charred and fully cooked; season with salt.
3 cups water
3 cups peeled, diced sweet potato
1/4 cup julienne-cut peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Place half of sweet potato mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
2 medium sweet potatoes
3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Pierce potatoes with a fork, and arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high 8 minutes; turn potatoes over after 4 minutes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Mash pulp with 3 ounces Canadian bacon, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 2 teaspoons chives in a bowl. Put mixture into shells. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over tops of potatoes. Microwave on high 2 minutes, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives.