- 2 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp, cooked
- 2 tbsp fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Prep 15 min Cook 10 min Ready 25 min
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking water, and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add white wine and simmer until the alcohol evaporates, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water, shrimp, and half-and-half and cook until shrimp are heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add spaghetti and stir to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper.